Archive for January, 2007|Monthly archive page
Just as we’re getting ready to send out our first newsletter to all of our users letting them know about our new feature release, we start getting email failure notices sent from ‘@dropboks.com’ to random people. Within a matter of seconds we realized that it was a spammer using our domain address.
There are two problems that are created by this. 1- People out there in the ‘internets’ think that we are spamming them w/ viagra offers. 2- It most likely will cause our email newsletter to get flagged as spam by some of the more aggressive spam filters out there.
Ok, ok. Sorry for venting but I almost feel it my duty to let those of you out there that get spam from ‘@dropboks.com’ that it’s an impostor, sorry
1. HTTPS Security (SSL) – Now all files that are transferred to and from our system are encrypted as well as authenticated.
2. Help/Info Section – Includes frequently asked questions, info about our company, and a feedback form.
3. ‘Right-Click’ Menu – Now you can download/delete/rename a file by right-clicking it and bringing up the context menu.
4. Improved Performance & Stability – No more server lags due to heavy traffic. Our server cluster now handles load balancing like a champ.
1. File Sharing – The ability to share your uploaded files with other people.
2. Progress Bar – So you’ll know how much time is remaining before your uploads are complete.
3. Change Password – Um… just like it sounds
Check out the new features: www.dropboks.com